Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My One Month Anniversary

I've been here a month already!?

WHAAAATTTT!????

So here's a list of the ten craziest things I've learned from the English (in no particular order):

1) Being "knackered" does not mean that you are drunk. Remember that next time you are in a bar and someone is rubbing their leg up against yours. It means "tired".

2) Squash is not a vegetable. It is a double concentrated drink that you can't drink straight. You have to have to add water to dilute it. Took me three days and a full liter to be told that. If I develop diabetes like Walter Brimley or the good looking Jonas brother, you know why.

3) Pints are 20oz, not 16oz. So remember before you send your dad a drunken email telling him that they are. You'll forget you did it, but be reminded of it the next morning when he replies.

4) Apparently coleslaw and lasagna go together and so do french fries, ketchup and butter on white bread. Lay's is known as Walker's and stuffing is made with breadcrumbs.

5) You need to pay a TV tax to have a TV or the government will come after you.

6) Don't get into arguements with the  "knackered" Brits about American politics because they know more then you about your own political system (trust me).

7) Awkward Asians will still sent you fb messages complimenting you on your good looks (at least in my case). Guess the point I'm trying to make is I'm still seen as attractive no matter where I go.

8) Eggplant is called Aubergine...don't ask me why.

9) All the cool kids aka low lifes sniff vodka for fun!!!

10) If someone says to you "Are you alright?" don't get offended and start thing "why the hell does everyone think I am sad or homesick for some friggin reason!?" it is one of the British ways of saying "How are you today?"

Nothing too exciting today. Just Film Studies class watching It Happened One Night, I highly recommend. I am really getting annoyed with Narnia aka the library because none of the computers work and their internet database sucks. The one book I need is the only volume of The Oxford History of the British Empire not available for online viewing. Just my luck...

And also some of you (MATT) have commented why I haven't talked about getting shagged. Now why would I tell everyone about that. Who would find that the least bit interesting? I like to keep my readers in suspense!

Cheers! (The one British saying I just have a hard time saying but I'm trying to warm up to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment