Monday, October 18, 2010

Damn You'se A Sexy Aunt

My Aunt Victoria was angry I didn't mention that  I thought of her when I heard Rick Astley on Saturday, so as payback she is the title of the blog. And as a sales pitch visit: http://www.vrchocolates.com/

My life is complete on so many levels today.


1) I finally mailed out my postcards (you lucky few will be getting them soon) and my absent tee ballot request form. It cost me 9.67 for 12 postcards, and two letters but oh well it was worth it only because the lady at the post office kept calling me "love". Although for 67p a stamp, the Brits should really make them peeling ones like we have in the US. Our stamps are 44cents US and we don't even have to lick them (or use that annoying glue)...


2) I finally have internet and was able to print out my first Film Studies paper. And since I had so much time to kill I spent a beautiful morning at Regent's Park in the Queen Mary's Garden and the Avenue Gardens. Pictures are what you see throughout the blog post!


3)I finally figured out what stops Hermione from talking to you in War Studies, which no one has been able to figure out. You just give him one word answers, and then he has nothing to go on. Although basically the professor told him to shut up today. It was pretty funny.


4) I HAVE GRAHAM NORTON TICKETS FOR NEXT WEEK! If Dame Edna is one of his guests I will die on the spot.

But as always there is the one bad moment...I am really getting sick of Tesco's Two Pound Meal Deal. Another tragedy was when I accidently picked up a blue bag of Walker's potato crisps which in the US they are Salt 'n Vinegar (call me a fat ass I know them by packaging). Here they are Cheese and Onion. So needless to say my breath didn't smell too good afterwards. Also, the chicken Caesar sandwich tastes nothing like what I thought it would. It's like chicken and mayoish stuff, perhaps what they call "salad creme", on bread with lettuce. To quote MAD TV substitute teacher, "its simmila' but it 'aint the same!"


I also got so much exercise since the Jubilee line wasn't running. I took the bus down to Swiss Cottage to the post office, then to the tube station which was closed, up to the Finchley Road station to Embankement, then to the library then up to Regent's Park, back to the Strand, back to the library, back to Strand for class, and then back to Hampstead...(I know this means nothing to most of you but it was a lot trust me)


And finally Paris November 19-21!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment