Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Boykos Are in Code Red

Yes, huge catastrophe, but more on that in a bit.

Last night we did the whole pub hopping scene in Hampstead. Our first stop was the Holly Bush, which is apparently Jamie Oliver aka the Naked Chef's favorite pub in London. It had that HIMYM feeling to it; all that was missing was my boy NPH and the night would have just been magical. Since it was pretty posh it was actually cheaper for a mixed drink then a pint of beer or cider. Sitting there gossiping about life and such made me feel like we really were Ted, Robin, Marshall, Lilly, and Barney sitting at MacClaren's. At one point I felt like walking up to some random stranger and saying, "Haaaaaaaaaaavvvveee ya met Ted?", and walk away.

Today me and a few of the girls went to Covent Gardens. Thankfully I was stopped from buying three pairs of shoes just from window shopping. I must say though, I don't really see the appeal of vintage clothes shopping. All of the men's stuff smelled of mothballs and was more vibrant then a sweater Bill Cosby would wear. I also am not a fan of wearing previously worn shoes. I just can't pull off the whole vintage look. After three stores of just that I had enough...

...but I was rewarded with a cupcake from Ella's Bakehouse, which I feel is worthy of some promotion here! I had the Banoffee which to quote my mother's idol and the most annoying cook in America, Rachel Ray,  was "delish". I will definitley be coming back to Covent Garden for some shoe shopping and some more cupcakes!

After my cupcake I tried sausage rolls for the first time for dinner. I must say linked sausage and puff pastry is one of the most ingenious combinations ever made. High up on my list of great English foods with Jaffa Cakes.

And thanks to Fox and the New York Yankees for ruining my evening. Since they lost last night the Phillies game tonight was moved from 8:00pm UK time to 1:00AM...thanks....

Now to the crisis that is rice being $1.25 at Walmart. I am in the middle of telling my Aunt Victoria about my day and all my grandmother and uncle (based on the conversation I'll assume Uncle Paul) care about that rice is friggin $1.25 at Walmart. I'm trying to tell them about my day, about how lovely it was and all anyone cares about it that rice is $`1.25 at Walmart. To add to the chaos its $1.97 in Publix. It is safe to say the Boykos are operating under code red tonight because of the cost of friggin rice. And because they weren't listening to me I will tell them here what I was trying to tell them. They were selling ugly truffles in one store for 60p, unlike the beautiful ones my Aunt makes at Viktoria Richards, but no all we care about is the price of rice in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment