Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Can't Believe I Missed Rick Astley

I would like to start with an apology. Apparently I wasn't specific enough when I mentioned how my family skyped with me were asking me some random weird questions. My dad was not included in that, so dad I am sorry. You don't ask random questions, you only talk to me on AIM whenever you feel like gracing me with your presence.

I feel like a pregnant chick with massive cravings because all I talk about is food, but who doesn't love food. I was sick of salt and vinegar chips so I decided to try "prawn (shrimp) cocktail" potato chips. It was either that or roasted chicken or something bacon flavored, so I thought what the hell I'll try the shrimp ones out. They were pretty good. I got a hint of what I guess is supposed to be shrimp? It kinda tasted no different then when Lay's used to make ketchup flavored potato chips in the US. It complimented my cheese and bacon sandwich greatly, although I must say (and I never thought I'd utter these words) I am getting sick of bacon. I know its blasphemy...

My next crazy food experience was Subway. Subway apparently has nachos in the UK. I was so amazed for some reason that a Subway would sell nachos I almost bought them. The only thing that was stopping me was the fact that they were out of tortilla chips. So then it was a tossup between a bowl of meatballs or a 6in. I settled for a 6in. In the US, all the guys working at Subway assume that you just want cheese and toasted. Well since this is the UK they insist you want cheese, and toasted AND BACON. I got a deer in the headlights look because I didn't want bacon.

The one great thing about Subway here is that the meat is actually real meat and not that processed crap you get in the US. And since its actually real meat you don't reek of that Subway smell that seems to linger all day after eating Subway. I will definitely be making a return trip, especially for those nachos. Only downer is the no $5 foot longs or posters of Jared.  After Subway I found Chipotle. My next fast food stop is gonna be there hands down.

After that we went clubbing at Popstarz. You know Europeans party hard judging by the fact that the club opens at 10 and by 11 there is the first guy, pathetically sober, dancing with his shirt off looking like he rubbed his chest in body oil. I don't even know how he snuck the body oil in. Then again I just realized it could have been sweat. Then I saw some girl with massive back fit coming out of her top grinding up against a pole. Then she turned around and I was like "Shit...that's a guy." The ground floor played current pop music and once again Destiny's Child's "Lose My Breath" was played again. Upstairs played 90's/Indie music. We went downstairs which played all 80s music. And son of a bitch, we were at the bar when the greatest song of all time came on, "Never Gonna Give You Up", by Rick Astley came on... All in all I like Popstarz, free admission before 10, resonably priced drinks, good music, can't go wrong...

I'm also being forced to eat a chip butty (I think that's how it's spelled) before I leave. Maybe, just maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment