Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nancy and Gordon Together?

I really love when I see Europeans (especially Canadians) knowing so much about American politics and yet Americans are lucky if they know who the current Vice President is (It's Joe Biden for those of you who don't know). This evening I was coming back from a party at LSE and there in front of me, advertized on the tube was an add featuring Nancy Pelosi and Gordon Brown and how their policies are going to lead to increaes in energy prices (and yes I know Brown is no longer the PM so the ad is outdated). I'm really starting to believe in my theory that every country has the same issues, just like the crappy maid service, the notion that, with all do respect,  Nancy Pelosi is a crazy liberal (and I could think of another word) is universal.

The LSE party was... interesting, kind of like an awkward middle school dance, only with more current music and not that crappy '90s music we used to listen to. I had a good time with the people I was with though!

Ever since my brother asked me to mention him in my blog I have found reasons to without trying. The British like bacon sandwiches, no lettuce or tomato. So I guess Cory is onto something.

Not a big post since I didn't have class and didn't do much though. GW England "orientation" or whatever you wanna call it tomorrow, which means I will be squeezing GW's nickel so hard the buffalo shits...

Oh and I almost forgot! Yesterday I was named the Carbondale News Person of the Week since I am here in London this semester. I would like to take this time and thank everyone who made this possible including friends and family, must have been some bad competition because I honestly don't deserve it. Maybe if I keep this up I will be Time Man of the Year by 40 and have a Nobel Peace Prize by 60!

No comments:

Post a Comment