Monday, September 27, 2010

Rush Limbaugh Saved My Life Tonight

Crazy is an understatement when describing my day today. It started off fairly normal, went to class for 10am but it was canceled so no problem. I killed some time going to the National Gallery and checked out Big Ben and Trafalgar Square. Then I had my first ever McDonald's experience in the UK. Serving sizes are much smaller lets just say that, and its pricier. No wonder Europeans are so skinnier and most Americans are fat asses. Europeans don't eat as much, plus they can't afford it.

This is where the craziness starts. I am minding my own business, sitting outside the Strand building when a girl comes up to me and says, "Not to be a total creeper, but you go to GW don't you." Whoever you are (I forget you're name. I don't think you are a creeper, but that was just really really ironic.  Crazy moment number 2 was in my first class: War in International Order. I know I keep using Harry Potter analogies, but there was one guy who was such a Hermione Granger. I never saw someone raise their hand so quickly and at such a precise 90 degree angle. I mean the professor is French, do they have brownie points in their culture? Plus it also helps to be right in your answers...no offense...

Oh and the guy sitting in front of me happens to go to GW and live at my residence. Once again small world. As for the French professor, he was dressed in a very stylish black, modern fit shirt with a fitted white dress shirt...and Bart Simpson dress socks.

My pottery class doesn't start until next week so I was able to go home early. Went out this evening for a social event at one of the local pubs in Soho. Thought I'd turn in early, but that didn't happen. Once I found a tube station near Soho I had to transfer to the Northern Line and get off at Hampstead since the Metropolitan line had major delays. Well, problem number one was the fact that the Northern Line branches off right before Hampstead and I was on the wrong train, so I had to get off and wait for another. Then once I got off at Hampsetad, while walking back in the pitch dark neighborhood because I turned down the wrong street .The British really need to start making streets that intersect and such, none of these curvy roads and such. So I got lost walking for about 20 minutes, running down various streets, thinking this may be it. And then I heard a familiar voice... At first I thought it couldn't be, but then I heard them complaining about Obama and Nancy Pelosi. It was Rush Limbaugh of all people! I followed Rush's voice down to the corner and found a security guard sitting in his car (prob outside Katy Perry's house). Turns out I was only a block away... From this point on I will NEVER get lost again.

Oh and a loyal reader asked if I would be trying the British staple, spotted dick, which is this, the answer is no, we'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment