Monday, November 8, 2010

Pilgrimage to Harrod's

My first thoughts upon walking into Harrod's can be summed up as this: holy shit... I have never seen so much stuff under one roof ever in my life, most of which, at my current point in life I am too poor to afford. Let me give you an example, one of the cheapest things there, which I bought was a piece of goat cheese and spinach quiche for 1.95pounds. It was really good though so I suppose you do pay for quality. The cheapest thing we found in the store was a mini sausage roll for 50p (you get 8 for a pound at Morrison's). After being amazed by the variety of food they had in the food halls and I mean anything, we ended up walking into the ladies department since naturally I went with the girls. They had some nice watches in the jewelry section for men, too bad they started at 1000 pounds. The dress and shoe sections, well lets just say it looked like something Jill Zarin from RHONY would make Bobby buy her. These shoes were so expensive they were on display like they were in a museum. Price? Don't even ask, because if you need to it means you cannot afford it.

Since I wouldn't wear, let alone purchase any Prada or D&G women's clothing. I was way more interested in the pet section. They had the cutest 1000 pound puppies and a selection of hamsters and gerbils for quite cheap. They also had a pet salon. One dog no lie was getting massaged while another had its nails painted purple. If your dog needed exercise, they had a treadmill with 101 Dalmatians playing for your dog to walk
on.

After seeing the dogs get pampered we got in touch with our inner children and went to the toy section! I would like to thank my family now for spoiling me on Thomas the Tank Engine wooden trains as a child; saw the price tag, quite pricey. Apparently now they light up too and have censors so they know what other trains are near them so they can talk?! What happened to using your damn imagination! By this point we are all making a scene at the display of the toy pig that walks, snorts, and grunts, talking about how we want to buy one as our floor pig. I then see a guy making snow. Naturally I got in touch with my inner five year old and had to join in and make some.

 Finally we went to the men's department after some food. I found a really nice sweater that had an insulated vest built into it (if that makes any sense) by D&G. I really liked it, then I saw that it cost 995pounds. That was the end of that. Also there were some really nice shoes in the shoe department. I'm not cheap, but I when the cheapest pair is 150pounds, I think I'm gonna have to pass. Saw the Diana and Dodi Memorial. It's almost on the verge of being...shrine/cult..ish? The literally have what was believed to be the last cup she drank out of on display.

Then last but not least we went to the Christmas section! Nothing exciting, typical Christmas section but I thought I'd include it.

Check out the online store and the dress code (yes there is one to get in here)!

No comments:

Post a Comment