Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chillin With My Boys Churchill and Earl G

I am so sick of sasuage rolls, their novelty kind of wore out after the like tenth one that I've had in the past week or so. I swear in some ways I am losing my sanity here. I walked into Tesco and saw that they are selling a single Krisy Kreme donut for £1.20 and just laughed. Like really, I was standing there all by my lonesome just laughing because there is no way in hell anyone in the US would ever pay the about $1.80 equivalent for a friggin glazed Krisy Kreme donut. Those are the thing you buy in a pack of a dozen for like $5 from kids trying to raise money going to Peru, when you're commuting to work, outside the metro. Oh and if you wanted a really nice fancy donut it was at least £2. Then were talking $3. Gotta love the 17.5% VAT.

Today GW took did something touristy with us, aka I had a full decent meal. We went to the Churchill War Rooms. Which were really cool to see seeing as Churchill is my boy and all. Sad thing is my laptop isn't here yet so I can't upload the pics. That was one massive underground complex the Brits had to keep the government going during WWII. Then before we went to the National Portrait Gallery I walked over to St. James Park. I was watching this lady feed the ducks that were across the fence and I noticed one on the other side of the path. I thought to myself, "ok how did that little guy get over here." I walk over to take a picture of him since he was so close. I get right in front of him and the little son of a bitch just jumps up, flapping his winds, and flies off to the pond. Damn duck almost killed me. Between the cat, which I swear is Dame Maggie Smith transfigurated, and birds in the country, some animal is going to do massive harm to me.

And then we went to the National Gallery for tea. All that was missing were cute old British ladies playing bridge (totally stereotyping, and probably false in addition so my appologies). I had my favorite tea in the world, Earl Grey Tea, which in all honestly I only had in my Aunt's chocolates before trying it today. In addition to that we also had a carott cake, ginger snaps, scones, egg salad, ham sandwiches, and what I think was chesse and chutney sandwiches? Best part was the view from which you can see all of central London.

Also, I don't think I mentioned this apparently Marie is Maria, since I just realized the cleaner can speak some sort of quasi-spanish. Me and her are now best buddies. It was kind of like my "Oh stewardess, I speak jive" moment when I realized she could speak Spanish.

Geoff and Eve are coming this weekend, should be amazing! Plus I will never have to use the PAWS room after tomorrow! So maybe, just maybe, I'll get some work done finally.

Oh and lets make this clear apparently Americans are so stupid because we elected "that actor" President. I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment